BEST IELTS General Reading Test 37
GENERAL READING TEST 37 – PASSAGE – 1
GENERAL READING TEST 37
READING PASSAGE – 1
You are advised spend 20 minutes on Questions 1-14
Volunteer opportunities of Redux, Inc. Employees.
You can give back to the community through the company’s Volunteer program. By signing up for the program, you can spend up to five hours a month of company time volunteering in an approved community program. This program is open to all Redux, Inc. employees. The following opportunities are currently available.
Nursing home residents are usually unable to get out to see play, movies, and concerns. They count on your generosity to bring entertainment to them. Do you like to perform? Do you have a special talent that’s just waiting for an audience? An appreciative audience is guaranteed if you can give just one afternoon a week it share your special talent with these special people.
The Citizen’s Park Cleanup Committee needs more help. Committee members spend the last Saturday of each month at a different city park, picking up trash, repairing equipment, pulling weeds, and planting flowers.
Mayfield Elementary school needs people to help with their afterschool program. Volunteers will tutor children in reading and math. Must be able to commit to one afternoon a week for the entire school year.
The Mayfield Free Clinic is open every weekend and is looking for people willing to spend two days a month assisting the clinic staff. Volunteers will complete patient intake forms, educate the patients about clinic services, and provide assistance contacting other medical providers.
The Mayfield Shelter serves hot dinner to the homeless every evening. The shelter needs volunteers to help with preparing and serving meals. If you can volunteer one evening a week, the shelter needs you.
Look at the volunteer opportunities, A-E. Which volunteer opportunity is appropriate for each following people?
Write the correct letter, A-E on lines 1-7 on your answer sheet. You may use any letter more than once.
Which opportunity is most appropriate for a person who
1. is only free in the evening?
2. is interested in health care?
3. plays the guitar and sings?
4. enjoys spending time outdoors?
5. like to cook?
6. only has one day a month free?
7. enjoys young children?
Read the text below and answer Questions 8-14
Summer classes at the community center 1
The community center is offering adult summer classes again in this year. The schedule includes classes in basic computer skills, martial art, painting and drawing, and dance.
There are two ways for register for classes:
1. Go to our websites: www.cc.org/classes/winterschedule, click on “Class Description” to see a full listing of the classes that are available this winter. Decide which class or classes you are interested in.
Then click on “Register now” and a registration form will appear. * complete the form and calculate the amount of money you owe. This will include the cost of your classes plus a $ 15 registration fee. Any materials fees will be payable to instructor on the first day of class. In addition, if your address is outside of the city, you will pay a nonresident fee of $25 per class.
Fill in your credit card information and click “Send Now”. You will receive registration confirmation by e-mail.
2. If you do not have access to a computer, you can call the community center at 872-555-5068 in request a class catalog2 and registration form. Select your classes from the catalog, complete the form, and return it by mail with your check or credit card information.
Full refund minus the $25 registration foe, will be given for any withdrawals made up to one week before the class begins withdrawals made before the start of the second class will receive a 50 percent refund, minus the registration fee. No refunds will be made after the start of the second class.
Classes offered by the Community Center are for adults only. You must be eighteen year of age or older to participate. Classes for children and teens are offered through the City Department of Recreation.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text.
TRUE – if the statement is true
FALSE – if the statement is false
NOT GIVEN – if the information is not given in the text
8. You must visit a website in order to sign up for classes.
9. A registration fee is required for all classes.
10. Dance classes cost less than computer classes.
11. People who live outside the city pay an extra fee.
12. You are allowed to register for only two classes at a time.
13. You will not get your money back if you withdraw after the second class.
14. Classes at the community center are for people of all ages.
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
10. NOT GIVEN
12. NOT GIVEN
SEE MORE POSTS>>